The Personal Finance for PhDs suite of talks is for PhDs-in-training at the undergraduate, graduate, and postdoctoral stages. The content is specifically tailored to cover what trainees need to know to take control of and improve their finances in the present.
Please note that for the graduate-level talks the primary audience is graduate students who receive stipends and tuition waivers.
Full descriptions of each seminar available in the 2020-2021 academic year are below:
- The Graduate Student’s and Postdoc’s Guide to Personal Finance
- Demystifying Taxes for Graduate Students and Postdocs
- How to Manage Income Tax Payments for Your Fellowship or Training Grant
- Why and How to Passively Invest as a Grad Student or Postdoc
- Hack Your Budget
- Set Yourself Up for Financial Success in Your PhD Program, Postdoc, or Post-PhD Job
Emily also creates custom seminars upon request.