LATEST POSTS FROM THE BLOG
- The Gardener and Rose Approach for Childfree PhD CouplesIn this episode, Emily interviews Dr. Jay Zigmont, who holds both a PhD in Adult Education and Certified Financial Planner designation. Jay has focused his financial planning practice, Live Learn […]
- This Prof Is Taking Deliberate Steps Toward Self-EmploymentIn this episode, Emily interviews Dr. Leslie Wang, an associate professor of Sociology at UMass Boston. Over the last several years, Leslie has become a certified life coach and secured her niche as […]
- How Grad School Rewired This Student’s Brain for Financial SuccessIn this episode, Emily interviews Elise Glickert, a fifth-year PhD student in organic chemistry at the University at Buffalo. Elise got married in the summer between finishing undergrad and starting […]
- Semester-Proof Your Academic Side Business with Digital ProductsIn this episode, Emily interviews Dr. Toyin Alli, a lecturer at the University of Georgia and founder of The Academic Society. Through the Academic Society, Toyin teaches graduate students about […]
- Why Is My Fellowship Tax Bill So High?!Hi! I’m Dr. Emily Roberts, the founder of Personal Finance for PhDs. I’m a financial educator specializing in graduate students, postdocs, and PhDs in their first Real Jobs. My website is P F f o r P […]
- What to Do When Facing a Huge Fellowship Tax BillHi! I’m Dr. Emily Roberts, the founder of Personal Finance for PhDs. I’m a financial educator specializing in graduate students, postdocs, and PhDs in their first Real Jobs. My website is P F f o r P […]
- How to Advocate for Financial Policy Change on Your CampusIn this episode, Emily interviews Dr. Tyler Hallmark, a recent PhD in Higher Education and Student Affairs and a low-income, first-generation college student. Emily and Tyler and discuss the why, […]
- This Veteran Receives External Funding for Her PhD ProgramIn this episode, Emily interviews Emily Knitter, a PhD student in counseling psychology at the University at Buffalo and US Army veteran. After being medically discharged from the military, Emily […]
- Financial Advice for Prospective PhD StudentsIn this episode, Emily shared the financial advice for prospective and rising graduate students that she collected from current graduate students and PhDs. This financial advice can be applied all […]
- This Grad Student’s Side Hustle Is Trading OptionsIn this episode, Emily interviews Min Sub Lee, a 4th year PhD candidate in Molecular and Medical Pharmacology at UCLA. Over the past year, Min Sub has developed a side hustle in options trading, […]
Join Our Phinancially Distinct Community
Receive 1-2 emails per week to help you take the next step with your finances.
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.