Join Our Phinancially Distinct Community
Receive 1-2 emails per week to help you take the next step with your finances.
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
LATEST POSTS FROM THE BLOG
- Does Your University Use Section 117(d)? Please Take Our Survey!There have been more developments with the GOP tax plan (the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act) with respect to graduate students’ tuition benefits. Last week, I gave my interpretation of how the House […]
- Which Graduate Students Will Lose Tuition Benefits Under the Proposed House Tax Bill?Update: Please fill out this survey on how your university handles your tuition benefit. I and some colleagues are trying to determine which universities use the method slated for elimination in the […]
- Options for Paying Down Debt During Grad SchoolA version of this post was originally published on GradHacker. During my presentations on personal finance for grad students, I am frequently asked about debt – more specifically, when and how to pay […]
- Why It Matters How You Are PaidA version of this article first appeared on GradHacker. If you look across a sample of graduate students receiving stipends within any given field, you will find that they have quite similar […]
- A Dozen Frugal Tips for Graduate StudentsToday’s post is by Brett Green, a physics PhD student at Penn State. These frugal tips are part of the month of frugal tips going up daily on the Personal Finance for PhDs Facebook page. If you […]