LATEST POSTS FROM THE BLOG
- Is Podcasting a Lucrative Side Hustle? with Elana Gloger of Dear Grad StudentIn this episode, Emily interviews Elana Gloger, a 5th-year PhD student at the University of Kentucky and the host of the Dear Grad Student podcast. Elana and Emily discuss Elana’s motivation to […]
- This Graduate Student Launched a Passion Business Based on His ResearchIn this episode, Emily interviews Dr. Nelson Zounlome, a recent PhD in counseling psychology from Indiana University and assistant professor at the University of Kentucky. Nelson started graduate […]
- This PhD Solopreneur Started His Business During Grad SchoolIn this episode, Emily interviews Dr. Lubos Brieda, a PhD in aerospace engineering who is now a full-time consultant in the aerospace industry. Lubos’s solopreneur journey during grad school […]
- How This PhD Conducted a Job Search and Evaluated Multiple Offers in the Private SectorIn this episode, Emily interviews Dr. Sean Bittner, a newly minted PhD in biomedical engineering, on how Sean navigated finding and landing his first post-PhD job in medtech innovation. Sean timed […]
- An MD/PhD Pays with Time Instead of MoneyIn this episode, Emily interviews Emily Przysinda, an MD/PhD student at the University of Rochester who is approximately halfway through her 8-year degree program. As is typical in a Medical […]
- The Tech Entrepreneuroscientist on Happiness and Financial IndependenceIn this episode, Emily interviews Dr. Sharena Rice, who recently completed her PhD in neuroscience at the University of Michigan. At the start of grad school, Sharena defined what she considers […]
- How This PhD Invests According to Her PersonalityIn this episode, Emily interviews Dr. Natalia Bielczyk, a PhD-turned-solopreneur who helps researchers step into fulfilling careers outside of academia. Natalia started investing in a variety of […]
- The Process Behind Landing a Dream Job with a Jaw-Dropping SalaryIn this episode, Emily interviews My-Linh Luong, a PhD candidate in physiotherapy at the University of Melbourne in Australia. My-Linh is at the all but dissertation stage of her PhD and recently […]
- This Grad Student Is Riding the Meme Stocks and Crypto Roller CoastersIn this episode, Emily interviews Cara Davidson, a graduate student at Western University. Cara has a “tumultuous” income from assistantships, scholarships, and freelance writing, and she […]
- This Grad Student Eliminated Her Housing Expense to Pay Off Her Student LoansIn this episode, Emily interviews Dr. Erika Moore Taylor, an assistant professor at the University of Florida and the founder of Moore Wealth. When Erika started her PhD at Duke, she had $65,000 of […]
Join Our Phinancially Distinct Community
Receive 1-2 emails per week to help you take the next step with your finances.
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.